LOCOPIAS module: Damage control
As an aid to assess the stability of a vessel in damaged condition, LOCOPIAS can be equipped with a dedicated Damage Control module.
This module performs the following functions:
- This module calculates whether an actual damage case complies with the stability requirements. It calculates the final stage of flooding as well as the intermediate stages of flooding, even when unequal stages of flooding occur.
- It gives an overview of the damaged condition of the ship and the main stability particulars.
- It can also calculate the effects of internal damages, caused by a broken pipe or by fire fighting.
- It directly shows the effects of filling/emptying tanks in damaged condition.
- It generates and sorts countermeasures for improving the situation of the vessel.
- It gives advice which actions are required for checking the damaged situation.